Google makes numerous changes to its search engine algorithm every year . Starting from the first Panda update in early 2011, the majority of the updates thereon have been targeted at elevating quality content over thin content pages. It is really common sense, because Google is looking at the customer who is using their search engine.
Google wants the best content to be presented to the person searching a particular keyword through their search engine. Google makes all their money thanks to the customer who is using their search engine. So, inevitably they will want the best solution provided to their customer. The updates were also targeted at punishing dubious link building practices and spammy sites. This again comes back to quality content. Google wants to get rid of spammy sites that rank high due to dubious link building methods and not because people really love the content on these sites.
Given Panda, Penguin, Hummingbird and other huge Google updates, how will SEO be different in 2014 than of 2013? This is the question that most of the people are asking right now. This article will highlight some of the most important tips for search engine optimization (SEO) in 2014.
SEO Tips for 2014
1. SEO will Always Remain with Us – Most webmasters started to panic after the latest update thinking that SEO is finished. But it is not so, SEO will always be with us. The only difference is Google is weeding out sites with spammy links and thin content. Content farms have been affected heavily since of the latest algorithm change of Google. Getting quality relevant links and adding quality content to your sites is the way forward in 2014.
2. SEO and Content Marketing are Becoming Synonymous – Both of these have always gone together. Quality content and quality links are vital for the rankings of your website. Keyword research, website structure and on-page metrics are much more important than just blasting spammy links to your site.
3. Search Engines are Getting Smarter with Each Passing Day – Search engines are rapidly developing the intelligence that is needed to discern between a website that provides real value and a site that provides an illusion of value. Creating relevant, engaging and interesting content on a constant basis will save you from being perished on the internet marketing arena.
4. Social Presence is Extremely Important – Having a strong social presence is considered a plus point when ranking a website in 2014. It would help to attract more traffic and create brand awareness among your clients too. It started in early 2013 and would definitely continue in 2014 too.
5. All SEO will be about Mobile in 2014 – SEO and content optimized for mobile applications will get the best exposure in 2014. More than 50% of emails are readable on mobile devices now. Email marketing is still the king when it comes to digital marketing. There is no other app which could come even closer to it in 2014.
Keep these tips in mind and if you require our assistance you can contact us and we will be there to assist you.